Here in Colorado our summer days are sweltering but our summer nights tend to be filled with thunderstorms. On nights like that, a light but delicious soup is perfect! This is one of my favorites because it’s a twist on the classic chicken noodle. With gluten-free gnocchi and some unsweetened almond milk, this DF/GF recipe satisfies even the pickiest of eaters (like my dad…)!
To start, cook up your chicken breasts. You can choose your favorite method. I ended up baking mine but you can grill, sauté, boil… you get the idea. As the chicken is cooking, chop up your celery and carrots. When the chicken is done, dice it up into bite-sized chunks.
In the bottom of your soup pot, sauté your celery and carrots in the oil, seasoning with the onion powder and garlic salt (feel free to use fresh onion and garlic if you feel so inclined).
Add in your diced chicken, almond milk, chicken stock, chicken bouillon, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Carefully add your gluten-free gnocchi and let boil until the gnocchi float to the top.
Turn down heat, add spinach, and let simmer for five minutes.
Dish out a big bowl and enjoy the dairy-free, gluten-free goodness!
What is your go-to summer evening meal? Let me know in the comments!
Wake and Conquer!
“CREAMY” DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE CHICKEN GNOCCHI SOUP
Makes approximately 6-8 servings
- 3 large chicken breasts (cooked and diced into bite-sized chunks)
- 2 celery stalks (sliced)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon of coconut oil (or olive)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Garlic salt (to taste)
- 4 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon of chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 lb. gluten-free gnocchi
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- Sauté celery and carrots with onion powder and garlic salt in the coconut oil.
- Add cooked, diced chicken, almond milk, chicken stock, chicken bouillon, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Carefully add gluten-free gnocchi and let boil until the gnocchi float to the top.
- Turn down heat, add spinach, and let simmer for five minutes.